- I will not blame ObamaCare for my son’s unfortunate wardrobe choices.
- I will not make judgments about other men based on the size of their coffee mugs.
- I will not change the things I say on Twitter just because my daughter thinks I tweet like an old—possibly dead—bird.
- I will not make up mysterious theme songs for each of my favorite coffee mugs and sing them whenever they are getting used by guests.
- I will not paint random portions of my arms, face and/or legs in a greenish color just to convince the little neighbor girl that I’m beginning to be able to photosynthesize my own energy.
- I will not let Lady Gaga make my wardrobe choices for me anymore. She can recommend whatever she wants to my son, though, since ObamaCare failed him so badly on that front.
- I will not go on job interviews and answer every question by telling cautionary tales involving coffee, random office supplies, and special undergarments.
- I will not post on obscure websites that when I grow up I want to be Wonder Woman because I like her outfits.
- I will not be held accountable for my failure to complete any part of my daily to do list when the person who created the list should have used some simple mathematics such as the Gamma Function to determine the probability of success for each specific task.
- I will not let the squirrels win.
- I will not delay in creating a new style guide that codifies the proper usage of the punctuation mark which is as amazing, controversial, and exciting as the Oxford Comma: ‽ the Serial Interrobang. You’d like that, wouldn’t you… wouldn’t you‽‽‽
- I will not place cheap flip phones in random places throughout the state and use my daughter’s phone to call and leave cryptic messages on them at strange hours of the day and night, just to confuse the NSA.
- I will not bring the big, black trash bags and a snow shovel into my son’s room to clean it like my father used to do… I will not bring the big, black trash bags and a snow shovel into my son’s room to clean it like my father used to do… I will not bring the big, black trash bags and a snow shovel into my son’s room to clean it like my father used to do… I will not—
Written based on the Today’s Author Write Now! prompt on December 31, 2014, in which we are asked to creatively list ten things we will not do in the coming year. Of course, for obvious reasons I need to stick with a nice, lucky number like thirteen…
Lady Gaga is so obvious for you – you’d never wear anything made of raw steak.
However, I can see you dressed in raw coffee beans.
See? If She’d have suggested a coffee bean-based outfit, that would be different. It was all about sparkly gold coffee filters and the occasional biscotti.
Great list, Rob. I’m with you on every one of them!
This is hilarious! Way to go, Rob for another great post. 🙂